Sunday, June 14, 2015

Rock-star Jennifer!

So, brief post, since I just wrote yesterday, but since I was online getting the notice sent out about yesterday's post, I thought I would send one for today.

Mom, Mat, and I decided to take our laundry down the road to a laundry service about 10 min down the road.  Once we got it there, we decided to walk another 20 minutes to a masseuse that we had seen advertising 60k/hr massages (about usd $4.50).  When we got there, they were closed, but mom said that she still felt good, so we decided to go on down the road into Ubud.  We made it to town and went to the second hand store that we had found last week, the smile store, then got some ice cream and then stopped for a massage.

We were very proud of mom for making it all the way into Ubud on foot, this has been her goal and she felt very excited for having made it.  The massage was a great reward for her and now she says she feels like she could do it every day!  We won't get ahead of ourselves, but it is good to know that she can make it to town if she wants.

It is mostly downhill to Ubud, so the return trip is a bit harder and something she will have to work up to, but I bet you she will be there before it is time to return home.

Well, not much more to mention.  Mom and Mat just left with Made to drive back to Ubud to see a dance.  There is a high-school boy working here during his school break, and he had told them about it the other night, because he will be in it.  He was really happy that they were interested in it and so they are going to show their support.  I am staying home with River so that he doesn't have to go.  It is one thing to leave him alone in the day but another thing after dark.  I know that he would be fine, but I wouldn't enjoy myself because I would be concerned.  I'm not using River as an excuse so that I don't have to go out again tonight....really...


No comments:

Post a Comment